Hi, I’m Ricky Fry.
I’m a traveler, blogger, and author.
I’ve explored twenty-three countries (and counting) on less than $1,000 a month, and the few things I bring with me fit into a single carry-on bag.
Like most people, I followed a somewhat conventional career path and wound up on the never-ending cycle of earning and consumption.
Make money one day. Spend it the next. You know the story.
But everything changed when I realized I could travel abroad for a lot less money than I need to live in the United States.
Since making full-time travel my priority, I’ve eliminated monthly expenses, ditched my stuff, and built an income I can take anywhere.
- I was born in Missouri and grew up in Colorado. My family has a vineyard and makes wine.
- I’ve worked such weird jobs as ski instructor, interior designer, and surgical coordinator for organ transplants.
- My last name is English, like Fry’s Chocolates. Sadly, my family immigrated far too early for me to own a chocolate factory.
- My favorite city is Kyiv and my favorite country is Mexico.
- I speak rusty Spanish, passable Italian, and I’m attempting to learn Russian.
- My current location is Albania (since September, 2018).